Monday, February 12, 2018

What a Night in Natchez, Mississippi!


When I went over his match he stopped lacing his boots and just sat there for a few moments not saying anything. Then he looked up at me and said “I'm not going to do it. I'm not putting that son of a bitch over”. As you can imagine I was a bit stunned and after a moment I said something like hey, I'm just the messenger and so forth which didn't change things at all and he said that Johnny would know why. I will tell you at this point Frankie had quite a reputation in the wrestling business as not only a really tough guy that had basically come up on the streets, boxing at a very young age and wrestling in carnivals taking on all challengers. He had also been known to punch out a promoter or two over disagreements of some sort and was even “blackballed” from the wrestling business at some point, but he had always been very nice to me and easy to get along with. With this in mind I left the dressing room and thought for a moment of what to do.
Stay tuned!!

No comments: